Step 1 - Get Your Image Ready For Upload
The first step is to get yourself a suitable image to upload. You can create one yourself in your favourite graphics program or utilise one of the many online website based alternatives.
Please keep the image as small a file size as possible and always use a compressed image format such as JPEG, PNG or GIF. Any file size bigger than 100KB will take forever to download on low-bandwidth connections and you might lose visitors.
The image dimensions can be as wide as your chosen theme or a standard size is normally about 320 pixels wide.
Note: If you do not wish to create your Masthead Banner Image yourself then a SpaceNode Designer will be happy to create one for a modest fee. Please contact support for more info.
Step 2 - Upload Image To Your SpaceNode
Once you have your graphic you wish to upload then you may continue...
- Ensure you are logged in (see How To Login)
- In the "Admin Menu" click the "SpaceNode" link
- On the "SpaceNode" tab click the "Upload masthead image...' link
- The image uploader will pop up allowing you to browse for your image on your computers hard drive
- The page will refresh and your masthead banner image will replace the text at the top of each page